Well we have come to the beginning of another homeschool year. Last year we used Time 4 Learning as our homeschool curriculum for most of the year. – Because of the hectic schedule I had running my dad back and forth to another city 3 hrs round trip, several times a month for the last year or so while he received treatment for his cancer.
Well I am glad to announce that he is in remission and this year prayerfully we will be able to do much more than we did last year.
This year I have decided to use mostly free resources found on the internet and we will be heavily supplementing with field trips (12 of which have already been planned with the Homeschool Fellowship Group at my church), lots of library days, park days, the Pizza Hut Book It Program, videos on Youtube and Netflix,and this year we are incorporating Lapbooks.
We will be starting next week with a “Back to School” lapbook I purchased from CurrClick.com and a All About Me lapbook I got for FREE from Homeschool Share, the week following. But anyhoo, here are my curriculum choices for 2013-2014 (drumroll please)
- (Boogy) Easy Peasy All in One Homeschool – Math Level 2 - (Free)
- (Destructo) Easy Peasy All in One Homeschool – Math Level 1 - (Free)
- Easy Peasy All in One Homeschool – History Year 1 -Level L – Ancient History - (Free)
- 50 States Unit Study
- Do Yoga With Me – Series 1 – Yoga Program for Absolute Beginners (Free, but they do accept donations) This online video yoga program introduces a wide range of beginner classes, chosen for their focus on being gentle, careful and emphasizing alignment. Each class builds on the one before it, finishing with class twelve, which will challenge the student the most. It is designed to get your muscles used to being stretched, while minimizing soreness. After six weeks, not only will you feel more flexible, but you will be able to take on more challenging classes.
- Do Yoga With Me – Series 2- Beginner Progressing to Intermediate - (Free, but they do accept donations) This program has been designed specifically for the beginner student who wants to be challenged with different and more difficult poses and classes, and who wants to rapidly increase strength, flexibility and mental calm. Because it is five classes a week for two months, it requires dedication – but the pay-off is incredible! You will feel very different once this program is completed.
- Keys For Kids (Free) - With Keys for Kids devotions, you’ll learn more about God’s love every day! Read or listen to a fun story and hide God’s Word in your heart with the Key Verse of the day.
- Chores/Household Management
- Basic Cooking Lapbook
- Still undecided, but hoping to do Boy Scouts or Royal Rangers and a Sport of Choice
- Decided not to do formal Art or Music Lessons, but will definitely incorporate both somehow.
What are your curriculum choices for this year?